Reference service is providing information to meet the needs of individual library users. Our reference services include:
- Assisting students and staff in locating library books/periodicals or information on the web.
- Demonstrating the use of the library’s online catalogue (WebOPAC).
- Demonstrating the use of e-databases subscribed by the library.
You can either approach the Reference Counter
(Tuesday to Thursday from 1:00pm to 3:00pm) at Level 6 or email your
reference request to [email protected]
FOR STUDENT AND STAFF
When the journal article you want is not available at the NAFA Library, we can acquire it for you from another library or information provider. This service is open to students in Bachelor or Master programmes
and academic staff
only. As the NAFA Library allocates an amount of its budget for this service, each eligible requestor is assigned a proportion of this. Once the eligible requestor’s allocation has been spent, the costs must be borne by him or her. To make a request, email the title and the name of author(s) of the journal article to [email protected]
FOR STUDENT AND STAFF
NAFA Library also supplies copies of articles and photographs from the NAFA Collection to external members. The charges are as follows:
||CHARGES PER ARTICLE
|NAFA General Collection (hyperlink to Using the Library > Collection > General Collection)
||S$10.00 for first 10 pages, and S$2.00 for each subsequent page
||NAFA Library will respond to requests within 3 working days.
|NAFA Special Collection (hyperlink to Using the Library > Collection > Special Collection)
||S$50.00 for first page, and S$20.00 for each subsequent page
||S$50.00 for each photograph
INTER-LIBRARY LOAN (ILL)
NAFA full-time academic and administration staff who require books/scores/AV items not held by NAFA Library may request the Library to borrow them from other libraries. These libraries include:
- National Library Board, including Lee Kong Chian Reference Library and library@esplanade
- National University of Singapore (NUS) Library
- Library@Esplanade for scores / audio visual materials pertaining to performing arts
- National Institute Education (NIE) Library
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Library
- Other Polytechnic libraries
Requests for ILL is on a first-come- first-served basis and loan requests are restricted to materials that are related to work, teaching and research.
NAFA Library is a corporate member of the National Library Board (NLB)
. This membership allows NAFA staff to borrow reference books from its Lee Kong Chuan Reference Library using the NLB Corporate membership card. Please email your request to [email protected]
or call 6512 4059